Recipe Tips: Noodelist with Mushr by Maija
Butter miso mushrooms and tofu - by Maija Lähdesmäki
Noodelist Bold & Juicy Shiitake with Mushroom Skewers
6 large shiitake mushrooms, quartered
1 package of teriyaki tofu (or any firm tofu you can find), cubed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons spicy miso sauce (can be replaced with red miso mixed with ground chili)
2 tablespoons sunflower or peanut oil
- If you are using wooden skewers, place them in a bowl of water to soak. You will need approximately two skewers per person.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and mix with spicy miso sauce. Add the quartered mushrooms and let marinate for a few minutes while you chop the tofu.
- Prepare one skewer of mushrooms and one skewer of tofu for each person; thread pieces onto the skewers until all ingredients are used.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the skewers and cook until golden, turning once golden; takes about 5-10 minutes in total.
- Make the Noodelist noodles. When the noodles are ready, add the skewers on top. Serve with sriracha sauce.