Noodelist Recipe Tips by Award-Winning Chef Petteri Luoto
Vegan Red Curry Soup
1 liter/33.8 oz/4.2 cups Water
1 packet of Noodelist Lemongrass Vegan Chicken’ish soup base
1 pack of Noodelist moroheiya noodles
Heat the broth and boil one set of Moroheiya noodles in the broth for two minutes.
Strain the noodles, save the broth.
50 g/1.76 oz/4 tablespoons Shallot onion
5 g/0.17 oz/1 teaspoons Garlic
650 g/23 oz/2.8 cups Strained Lemongrass Vegan Chicken’ish broth
400 ml/13.52 oz/1.7 cups Coconut cream
50 g/1.76 oz/3.5 tablespoons Red curry paste
10 g/0.35 oz/2.1 teaspoons Lemongrass
10 g/0.35 oz/2.1 teaspoons Ginger
150 g/5.3 oz/10.5 tablespoons Peeled potatoes
75 g/2.65 oz/5.3 tablespoons Haricot verts bean
85 g/3 oz/6 tablespoons Red bell pepper
65 g/2.3 oz/4.5 tablespoons Zucchini
40 g/1.4 oz/2.8 tablespoons Carrot
35 g/1.25 oz/2.5 tablespoons Sugar snaps
30 g/1 oz/2 tablespoons Scallions
15 g/0.53 oz/3.2 teaspoons Cilantro
Make a spicy broth:
1. Cut the shallot onion into pieces and crush the garlic gloves.
2. Put a drop of oil in a pan and sauté onion pieces and crushed garlic on low heat for a few minutes.
3. Add strained broth and coconut cream. Boil for a few minutes.
4. Add red curry paste, grated ginger and chopped lemongrass, mix well with a whisk.
1. Cut the potatoes into pieces and steam them almost cooked.
2. Cut the remaining vegetables into small pieces and steam until almost cooked.
3. Add all the vegetables into the broth and let it boil for a while.
4. Add chopped cilantro and some salt, if needed.
Note: Red curry pastes are available in different strengths. Use 100 g (3.52 oz) of regular red curry paste.
© Petteri Luoto 2020