Noodelist Recipe Tips: Creamy Miso Soup with Truffle
This recipe is a follow up for the Feisty Chicken'ish Fall Remix:
The broth that was left from the Feisty Chicken'ish recipe can be used in this Creamy Miso Soup with Truffle.
Recipe created by: Chef Petter Luoto
Yield: 2 servings
350 g/ 1.7 cups Lemongrass Chicken’ish broth (1 liter water / 0.49 oz Lemongrass Chicken’ish powder)
175 g/ 123 tablespoons Heavy cream
100 g/ 6.7 tablespoons Onion
100 g/3.55 oz. Cauliflower
60 g/ ½ cup Butter
20 g / 4.8 teaspoons Shiro Miso paste (mild, light Miso paste)
3 g / 0.11 oz. Garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice + a little bit grated zest of lemon
½ teaspoon Black truffle oil or 1 teaspoon black truffle paste
80 g / 2.82 oz. Grilled chicken
1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Cut the shallot onion into small pieces.
- Cut cauliflower into pieces. Saute cauliflower pieces and onion with the oil in a pan.
- Add Lemongrass Chicken’ish broth. Let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add heavy cream and boil for two minutes.
- Add miso paste, truffle oil or truffle paste, garlic, zest of lemon and lemon juice and butter. Don’t boil anymore.
- Put all of this in a blender and blend until you get a smooth soup consistency. Season with salt and balck pepper.
- Cut up small pieces of grilled chicken breast and place them on the bottom of the plate.
- Put a few drops of olive oil on top of the chicken pieces.
- Pour hot soup over the chicken pieces.
- Serve with some focaccia bread.
Wine recommendation: Gruner Veltliner from Austria
© Petteri Luoto 2020